Saturday 13 August 2011

Personal Log, Captain McMillan

USS Gibraltar, Captain's personal log.
Captain RoBobby McMillan reporting.

I thought we'd never get out.



The Gibraltar has been dragged in and out of spacedock for the better part of a year. The pursuits of Slade, and the Borg missions, had left the ship in quite a mess. Nothing was broken, per say, but nothing worked the way it should, either. When a ship has been through whatever we have been through, it's no surprise that shipyard engineers find something wrong with it. But never, in my wildest dreams, had I thought that they'd found so much.

Sure, a little R&R was fun. But I even had to accept another position, in order to keep busy! And when I returned to the Gibraltar, I found that most of my crew was reassigned, and the repairs were far from complete! Luckily, I managed to get several crewmembers back, including my Chief Security Officer. We've got some new crewmembers too, like my new First Officer, a certain Dave Fearguis. It'd be interesting to see what he's got to offer to the ship.

But crew changes were the least of my worries, the last few months. No. . . there was talk of scrapping the Gibraltar, since apparently a few engineers had screwed up. Luckily, lots of repairs and a couple of testflights later, the ship is once again as good as new. Everything works... or well, so I hope.

I've just received my orders, too. I am to take the Gibraltar out, the day after tomorrow. Monday, August 15th... we're to go to see if rumours of a smuggler base are true, on a planet with lots of archaeological findings. This should be good. It'd be a good testrun for the Gibraltar, as well as her crew. Let's hope we don't get into much trouble. . .

And let's hope that in the near future, we'll finally be able to catch the renegade, Slade. She's been eluding us for too long. Perhaps it's a good thing we haven't heard from her... but then again, her laying low might be even more cause for alarm than us finding out where she is. In either case, if she's up to something, we'll find out eventually. And I'm sure we won't like it, whatever it is.

Well, I've got a final inspection of the ship, to give my official 'okidoki' to the shipyard's engineering team. Let's hope they haven't screwed up now.

Captain RoBobby McMillan, CO USS Gibraltar,
signing off.

No comments: