Thursday 2 February 2012

Episode 49: "Confrontation"



"Captain's Log, supplemental.

What a week! I don't know where to begin. . . though I figure I'd just start at the beginning. That was a week or two ago, when the USS Gibraltar was recalled to DS-19. We were told that we'd be temporarily removed from active duty. The crew reacted surprised, but I of course knew what was going on: I had a long talk with Admiral Delacroix before that already. It was, of course, the Klingons.

Apparently, they had some sort of evidence that the Gibraltar destroyed an outpost of the House of Kar'Tog. Preposterous, but they demanded the extradition of the entire Gibraltar crew. I managed to convince Admiral Delacroix that I would be the only one extradited. I was allowed to say goodbye to my crew. . . but when I did, I activated the Gibraltar's emergency transporterprogram. It beamed us – and sadly, Admiral Delacroix and his aide – back to the Gibraltar. . . and we managed to escape.

Every hour of every day since then, I keep wondering if I made the right decision. I mean, we're fugitives now. We've got no place to hide. The Federation considers us criminals, the Klingons consider us murderers. And we just happen to be right on the Federation – Klingon border. So, I decided that we'd need some help. I knew some folks in this area. . . people who might not be exactly model Federation citizens, but who at least owed me a favour. I figured it was time to collect those favours. So I took a shuttlecraft – taking the Gibraltar would have just scared those people off – and went off to find my contacts. I honestly thought that the rest of the Gibraltar crew would have an easy few days. . .

But I couldn't be more wrong. I'm currently warping back towards the Gibraltar, after I received a message from Commander Braveheart. Apparently, a Federation colony along the Klingon – Federation border sent out a distress call, saying that they were under attack by Klingon forces. Commander Braveheart did the only thing he could: he sent the Gibraltar there. Even though we're outlaws, Braveheart knew he couldn't let a Federation colony be attacked. I guess it's the Starfleet blood that runs through his veins. I probably would have done the same though.

When the Gibraltar arrived, they found a fleet of Klingon ships, of the House of Kar'Tog: the same house whose outpost was destroyed! Apparently they wanted revenge, and attacked the nearest Federation colony. Of course, the nearest Federation ship was lightyears away, so the Gibraltar was the only defence the colony had. The battle that followed was a fierce one, but the Gibraltar managed to disable one of the Klingon Bird of Preys. It crashlanded on the surface.

That wasn't the end of it though: the Klingon commander agreed to a cease fire. Perhaps it was a good thing I wasn't there: if I was, I doubt the Klingons would have agreed. But Braveheart is a good diplomat: he managed to talk the Klingons out of attacking more. And all it took was going over the available data of the attack. How simple could it be?

I'm nearly at the Gibraltar now. Sensors register the remaining three Klingon warships still in orbit. I wonder what they want. . . Well, I'm sure I'll find out soon.

Captain RoBobby McMillan, out. Computer, end log."

No comments: